Friday, March 9, 2012

Long time no see

Well it has been a long time since I wrote. I guess I just keep putting it off and putting it off. We have been busy. I am no longer RS Pres. so my life has calmed down a lot and I can now find the time to do the things that I always wanted to do, but now I can't remember what I wanted to do. Life is that way I guess.
We have had out daughter Aimee Jo and her 3 kids living with us since last July. It has really been a challenge mixing two families. We have had our ups and downs. She will more than likely be getting her own place in the next few months.
Our traveling has not taken us far, no long trips to get away. We have made a couple of trips to Tori and Russ's house. I have to say that I really didn't want to go, not that I didn't want to be with them and see them, but it is really cold there. I don't do well in the cold. I wasn't disappointed at all. I froze the whole time I was there. My feet were saved from frost bite because their dog took pity on me and slept on my feet.
The second time we made the trip I was prepared. Double set of socks, clothes and heaviest coat I could find. I was feeling pretty proud of myself until I arrived and the weather was quite warm. Needless to say I was over dressed and cooked all night. On top of that the trusty dog got stuck at the end of the couch where no one could see him. Late in the morning putting up the hide a bed we found him. I really felt bad.
My friend that has been battling cancer just found out that she has a mass in her abnormal area. They did surgery on her today and was not able to remove it. She only has 6 months to a year left to live. She has become like a sister to me and it has been really hard to finally put a time on her life. I have thought what I would do if a time was given to me. I thought of all the things that I would want to do before my time was up. I sorted out all of the things and places I have always said I wanted to do and go, like sky diving, taking a cruse, standing on top of a mountain and looking around. Maybe learn to climb like my son does so that I could see the beautiful things that he sees. After all my dreams went through my mind I narrowed it down to one thing. I think I would just want to be with my family. That is the most important thing in my life. I would love to hold hands with my dear husband and talk about our love for each other. I would love to spend time with my children and learn more about them and their lives. Most of all I would make sure I told each of them how much I love them and how much joy they bring to me. One thing for sure I would want them to know is that I love my Heavenly Father, and that I know that it will not be long before I will see them again. Any way enough of this.
We have joined the rock club at the senior center and hopefully we will go on a couple of trips with them this year. We want to find some great rocks. There is so many places in Utah to explore, we are really excited.
Joddy called one day (I am sure she really didn't want to tell us) any way she called telling us that right behind Walmart where they live, people have found some beautiful rocks. She said that the kids could hardly wait until we got there so we could take them out. It really is funny coming from them. When they were first married Doug just about had a heart attack when we wanted to bring some rocks in his house. I am glad they have learned to put up with us and our quirks.
It is time to end my ramblings. Life is good, I am glad I am here and I feel very blessed. What more do I need.

No comments: